Contributing to OpenConnect
The main thing needed at the present time is translations into languages other than English. All contributions will be gratefully received.
Translations for OpenConnect are maintained in the GNOME network-manager-openconnect module. Translations can be contributed by joining the GNOME team as described on their TranslationProject wiki page, or simply by editing one of the language files in the po/ directory and sending the resulting patch (or file) to the mailing list.
If there are questions about the messages because the intent is not clear, or if the messages could be improved to make translation easier or better, please also feel free to ask or make suggestions on the mailing list.
TODOOther items on the TODO list include:
- Better support for running or emulating the 'Cisco Secure Desktop' trojan.
- GUI for OS X, perhaps based on Tunnelblick.
When sending patches to be included in OpenConnect, please certify that your patch meets the criteria below by including include a sign-off line in your email which looks like this:Signed-off-by: Random J Developer <email@example.com>
This confirms that you are permitted to submit the patch for inclusion in OpenConnect under the LGPLv2.1 licence. The full text of the certificate is as follows:
Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1
By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:
- The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I have the right to submit it under the open source license indicated in the file; or
- The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license and I have the right under that license to submit that work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under the same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated in the file; or
- The contribution was provided directly to me by some other person who certified (1), (2) or (3) and I have not modified it.
and also that:
- I understand and agree that this project and the contribution are public and that a record of the contribution (including all personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with this project or the open source license(s) involved.